- This event has passed.
Intro to 3D Interactive Development
September 19 @ 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM CDT$500.00
Get started with real-time 3D
This workshop features a small scale kitchen configurator in the general style of what can be found on home improvement websites such as Lowes, Ikea, and Home Depot. Participants in this workshop will focus on how to create high quality 3D interactions in Unity in an efficient and optimized way while building this simple, yet sophisticated configurator.
Although this workshop focuses on a project aligned with Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC), the skills built will apply to anyone who is looking to understand how to create robust interactive applications in Unity.
Workshop Topics include:
- Learn how to navigate in the Unity Editor
- Configure a Unity Project for 3D development
- Create and configure physically based materials
- Use imported assets to build modular scenes
- Create scene component Prefabs for reuse throughout the Project
- Configure lights and settings to achieve realistic effects
- Use the Post Processing Stack to enhance visual fidelity
- Develop interactive mechanics
- Integrate scripts to create a controller with keyboard and touch input
- Utilize Cinemachine to create a free moving scene camera
- Build a UI to display Prefab data and receive input
- Integrate scripts with Prefabbed assets to create customizable components
- Publish 3D applications for various platforms
Prerequisites: No prior experience required
Schedule: 9 hrs including 1 hour break
Can't find what you are looking for? Please reach out to us at: email@example.com. We'll be happy to see if we can find a UATP that can accommodate your training needs.