- This event has passed.
Introduction to 3D Interactive Development
This 1-day course focuses on 3D interactive development and will focus on how to create high quality 3D interactions in Unity in an efficient and optimized way while building this simple, yet sophisticated configurator. Using a small scale kitchen (as can be seen on websites such as Lowes, IKEA, and Home Depot) students will gain a better understanding for the Unity engine and how it can be used to create various projects.
Who Should Attend
Anyone looking to understand how to create robust interactive applications in Unity
- Practical working knowledge of computers and basic Mac OS X or Windows skills
Note: The curricula below consists of activities typically covered in a class at this skill level. The instructor may, at his/her discretion, adjust the lesson plan to meet the needs of the class.
Lesson 1: Project Setup
- Learn how to navigate in the Unity Editor
- Identify the different Editor windows and their purposes
- Use common hotkeys and shortcuts to navigate the Editor
- Configure a Unity Project for 3D development
Lesson 2: Scene Creation and Lighting
- Create and configure physically based materials
- Use imported assets to build modular scenes
- Create scene component Prefabs for reuse throughout the Project
- Configure lights and settings to achieve realistic effects
- Use the Post Processing Stack to enhance visual fidelity
Lesson 3: Creating the Customization Functionality
- Develop interactive mechanics
- Integrate scripts to create a controller with keyboard and touch input
Lesson 4: Creating User Interfaces and Working with the Camera
- Utilize Cinemachine to create a free moving scene camera
- Build UI to display Prefab data and receive input
- Integrate scripts with Prefabbed assets to create customizable components
Lesson 5: Final Polish and Publishing
- Publish 3D applications
- Publish the completed app for various platforms
Can't find what you are looking for? Please reach out to us at: email@example.com. We'll be happy to see if we can find a UATP that can accommodate your training needs.