8585 « All Events
- This event has passed.
Introduction to 3D Interactive Development
May 9, 2020 @ 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM CDT$2295
Enjoy our personalized low Student to Teacher ratio Interactive Training in this 1 day workshop from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
The workshop also includes a 12-month subscription to the Introduction to 3D Interactive Development Student Workshop Workbook. Value: $400!
In this workshop, participants focus on how to create high quality 3D interactions in Unity in an efficient and optimized way while building this simple, yet sophisticated configurator.
As participants go through the activities, they create a small scale kitchen configurator in the general style of what can be found on home improvement websites such as Lowes, Ikea, and Home Depot.
Although this workshop focuses on an AEC aligned project, the skills built within it will apply to anyone who is looking to understand how to create robust interactive applications in Unity.
Prerequisites: No prior experience required
Trainer: Unity Certified Instructor, Brian Kenney
This workshop includes a 12-month subscription to the Introduction to 3D Interactive Development Student Workshop Workbook. ($400 value)
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
Learn how to navigate in the Unity Editor
- Identify the different Editor windows and their purposes
- Use common hotkeys and shortcuts to navigate in the Editor
- Configure a Unity Project for 3D development
Identify key features of the Unity 3D toolset
- Create and configure physically based materials
- Use imported assets to build modular scenes
- Create scene component Prefabs for reuse throughout the Project
- Configure lights and settings to achieve realistic effects
- Use the Post Processing Stack to enhance visual fidelity
Develop interactive mechanics
- Integrate scripts to create a controller with keyboard and touch input
- Utilize Cinemachine to create a free moving scene camera
- Build a UI to display Prefab data and receive input
- Integrate scripts with Prefabbed assets to create customizable components
Publish 3D applications
- Publish the completed app for various platforms
- Introduction: Workshop Overview and Learning Action Plan
- Activity 1: Project Setup
- Activity 2: Scene Creation and lighting
- Activity 3: Creating the customization functionality
- Activity 4: Creating User Interfaces and Working with the Camera
- Activity 5: Completing the User Interface
- Activity 6: Final Polish and Publishing
- Conclusion: Learning Action Plan and Further Learning
What to Bring
- Workstation available or bring your own device (BYOD)
- BYOD: Participant will need to bring a laptop (Windows or OSX), power supply (including any necessary international adapters), and mouse.
- USB stick for project starter files
- Install Unity prior to the workshop (minimum requirement of Unity 2018.1).
- Instructors will need access to Autodesk Maya or 3DS Max to demonstrate the FBX Exporter round trip workflow to participants.
- Access to Maya and 3DS Max is helpful, but optional for participants.
Questions? Contact us at LearningPartnerSupport@thinkedu.com