8585 « All Events
- This event has passed.
Media Composer Associate – Train-the-Trainer Workshop
June 4 @ 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM CDT$1.00
This online Train-the-Trainer course is designed to prepare you to train and certify students as Avid Certified Users of Media Composer.
Create Video with Media Composer teaches students the video editing process and the skills needed to edit a video project from start to finish. In this course, you too will solidify your own working knowledge of Media Composer by reviewing the operational concepts, core skills and workflows taught in these courses.
Attendees are expected to already have a working knowledge of Media Composer or other video editing software. Being a Train-the-Trainer course, you will also learn the design of the courseware and standard methodologies for implementing the content into an academic curriculum and join in discussions on best practices for teaching these topics and lessons.
At the conclusion of the course, all attendees will take the Associate certification exam and throughout the course will “teach back” a lesson from the course to earn the the Avid Certified Instructor credential.
In successfully completing this workshop, you will earn the dual credentials of:
Avid Certified Instructor | Media Composer Associate
The online Train-the-Trainer workshops are designed to include a series of focused sessions broken up by scheduled breaks that allow you to attend to urgent matters throughout the day.
Daily course schedule listed below:
- Session 1 – 90 mins
- Break – 30 mins
- Session 2 – 90 mins
- Lunch – 60 mins
- Session 3 – 90 mins
Check local times: To convert start times for your specific time zone, please go to http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html.
A mandatory prep call is scheduled two weeks prior to the start of the workshop. This introductory call will provide you with an opportunity to go over your system setup and ensure a smooth start to the workshop on Day 1.
What You’ll Need
- Association with an Avid Learning Academy school, or one that is in the process of becoming a partner.
- Minimum 1 year of experience using Media Composer or other non-linear editing application
- Professional teaching experience and/or a background in editing, production, or post-production, preferred.
- System Requirements:
What You’ll Learn
Teachers who complete this course will be prepared to teach the following skills:
- Create project and input media
- Organize source material in bins
- Perform basic editing
- Trim video and audio
- Customize system settings
- Mix audio levels and apply basic audio effects
- Create and add titles and transitions
- Fix common image problems using video effects
- Create multilayered and nested effects
- Use automatic color correction
- Create titles using Avid Titler+
- Create motion effects
- Efficiently manage projects and media
- Output a completed program that meets delivery specifications
Questions? Contact us at LearningPartnerSupport@thinkedu.com