8585 « All Events
- This event has passed.
Oculus Quest Development
May 16, 2020 @ 11:00 AM - May 17, 2020 @ 6:00 PM CDT$349
About this Event
By the end of the Oculus Quest Workshop, you will have developed an application for the Oculus Quest, understand the foundations you need to develop for mobile VR and get hands on with new features like hand tracking.
After the workshop, you’ll hear from a former Oculus designer on how to successfully design apps for the Quest and learn about resources available in the Quest ecosystem. This is a beginner friendly workshop.
What’s Included in the workshop:
- Five hours (9:00am – 4:00pm PST with breaks) of VR development training with Unity Certified instructors from Circuit Stream and a former designer from Oculus
- An Oculus Quest VR app that you create and can share on any mobile VR headset
- A presentation on Oculus Quest design best practices and principles
- An update on current opportunities in the VR/AR industry
- Networking with Circuit Stream instructors and alumni
- How to build an Oculus Quest app from scratch in Unity
- How to use Unity’s build pipeline for Quest (Android SDK tools)
- How to optimize your Unity app for Oculus Quest
- How to design interactive UI/UX features for Quest
- How to add hand tracking to your Oculus Quest app
- How to design mobile VR experiences around the industry’s best practices
You’ll Leave with:
- A Oculus Quest app you can share and build upon
- All project files from the workshop and a curriculum outlining key concepts
- Skills and resources for VR performance optimization, UI/UX and hand tracking
- A strong understanding of how to design and develop apps for mobile VR
- A network of designers and developers who are building the future of VR
- Basic experience in Unity is recommended but not required
- An Oculus Quest is recommended, but not required
- A laptop or computer (Mac or Windows) with Unity Version 2019 or greater installed
- Participation in a free 15 minute hardware/software setup review with our instructor prior to the workshop to ensure you’re ready. An invitation to schedule time will be shared after you register.
Questions? Contact us at LearningPartnerSupport@thinkedu.com