- This event has passed.
Introduction to 2D Game Development
This 1-day course introduces students to the Unity interface and its suite of 2D features. Students will build a 2D game from the ground up, covering major subject areas including sprites, animation, game mechanics, and publishing. At the end of the course, students will have a full side-scrolling endless-runner game where you collect objects and attempt to reach the end without falling.
Who Should Attend
Anyone interested in using Unity for video game development
- Practical working knowledge of computers and basic Mac OS X or Windows skills.
Lesson 1: Project Setup and Scene Creation
- Learn how to navigate the Unity Editor
- Identify the different Editor windows and their purposes
- Use common hotkeys and shortcuts to navigate in the Editor
- Configure a Project for 2D development
Lesson 2: Animation and Player Creation
- Use the Sprite Editor to slice Sprite Sheets for use in the Scene
- Apply 2D colliders for Physics interactions
- Configure Prefabs for use throughout the Scene
- Create sprite sheet animations
- Create keyframe animations
- Control multiple animation sequences with the Animator
Lesson 3: Creating Game Mechanics
- Use Tilemap to build multi-layered Sprite based Scenes
- Adjust Sprite Z-positioning to create a parallax effect
- Use scripts to implement gameplay
- Configure a Cinemachine camera to create a follow camera
- Use multiple components to create a input based Player controller
- Build a simple UI to display gameplay behavior
Lesson 4: Finalizing the Game
- Publish the completed game for PC and Mac
- Publish the completed game for Android
Can't find what you are looking for? Please reach out to us at: email@example.com. We'll be happy to see if we can find a UATP that can accommodate your training needs.